Often patients have contacted me after having tried conventional medicine, also known as allopathy, but having not felt completely better for it. They sometimes struggle with the side-effects of the drugs they’ve been given or they haven’t been able to pin point exactly what ‘is wrong’ and therefore struggle to find a totally effective treatment. “I’ve tried everything else” is what homeopaths often hear. More and more patients turn to complementary medicine and especially to homeopathy (for more information about this subject, you can consult the page “Research on homeopathy”) as they feel that at some point in their life they need an approach which takes the whole of their being into account.
The reasons for consultations are numerous and cover a large range of acute or chronic diseases. Among them :
- Colds & flu
- Respiratory problems such as asthma and allergies
- Digestive problems such as constipation and IBS.
- Children diseases such as chicken pox, colic, sleep problems
- Female complains around menopause, PMS, fertility
- Ear, nose and throat problems
- Behavioral disturbances such as autism, ADD, depression, anger
- Emotional disturbances such as grief, depression, shocks
In short, homeopathy can be used to help with any conditions you’re going to see your GP for and more and more patients turn to homeopathy because of its gentle and yet very effective way to bring them back on a path to health.